Simplicity rules! Slot machines are one of the most famous gambling games in the world, both in land-based and online casinos. It is playable by gamblers of all levels; just sit down, put in your money, pull the lever and watch the reels spin to your luck content. You see, everybody loves’ slots because it is super fun, thrilling and simple. In this article, we are going to discuss the Online Slot Game Malaysia: How Slot Machines Work & Other Facts.
If you want to win that jackpot, you need to look beyond its simplicity as there are more going on than you thought. Come, read on to find out more about your favourite slots machines and which will give you the best opportunity to win.
THE WORKING OF THE SLOT MACHINES
Slot machines are generally the same in every casino albeit a different gaming provider. It generally has 3 or more reels, with each reel containing multiple symbols. Physical slot machines usually have 20 or more symbols, but the advent of digital technology could place up to 256 symbols per reel that will produce millions of possible combinations. The combination of symbols that pay out from your bet are called “paylines”.
Slot machines have always been a game of pure luck with very little (or no) strategy involved. Today, modern slot games use random number generator (RNG) software that generates millions of potential results per second for a slot game. It makes slot games truly random and secure, with no fraudulent involved. The RNG software are widely used in most (if not all) casinos. You may forget about how slot machines work and just have to know how your LUCK works instead.
MORE SLOTS’ FACTS YOU MAY NOT KNOW
1. Know Your Slots Before You Play
- Each slot machine has a unique pay table that shows the worth of each symbol; from the least to the most lucrative ones, and about the availability of wild symbols and scatters. By far, the most important information to know is the winning symbol combinations which will help you win.
- Return-to-Player (RTP) rates or payout percentage. The higher the RTP, the better your chances of winning. Usually, slots have an average RTP of 93-94%. If possible, pick a slot which gives a higher-than-average RTP, that will push you an inch closer to the jackpot.
- High or low variance/volatility It is the frequency of a slot game pay out. A low variance slot receives more wins with small payouts while high variance slot gives lesser wins with huge jackpots. You can imagine the difficulty of winning the jackpot…
- Bonuses! Some slots reward bonus games to increase a player’s chance to win more. Most bonuses come in the form of free spins. That free spin could be your jackpot.
- Brand new slots. New (modern) slot machines utilise the random number generator (RNG) system which provides for a truly random and fraud-free slot games. Always ensure you play with modern and updated machines.
2. The spinning reels naturally STOPS at random. As technology progresses, all slot games are controlled by computers, hence the algorithms are running on pure randomness. The reels can stop on a symbol or even a blank space between symbols. The odds are so convoluted that you may have a cherry on a reel once every 50 spins, an orange may pop out once every 5 spins, or any combinations without prejudice.
3. Nowadays, it is common to have 30 to 50 stops per reel. Which is a blessing to punters, because the more stops one has on a reel, the easier to nail a win, perhaps even a jackpot. Here is an example from Vegas Slots Online, if you have a game with 10 stops on each reel in a 3-reel machine, you have an equal chance of landing on each stop which makes your chances of winning any particular combination a 1/10 X 1/10 X 1/10, or 1/1000. So, if your payout is larger than 1000 units, you are losing that game. Imagine you have 30-50 stops per reel, that would increase your winning chances.
4. The weighting of slot machines determines how likely a particular stop is to be picked. Vegas Slots Online explains that if a slot machine has 10 symbols and one of those is a special symbol that appear once every 100 spins. The odds of getting 3 times that symbol is 1/100 x 1/100 x 1/100, or 1/1,000,000. Hence, hypothetically, you could offer a payout of $1 million on that combination and still break even over the long run. The casino and players love that kind of actions, as the casino still makes a significant profit while the player feels like they are winning on a regular basis.
5. You all should know about “payback percentage” or “payout percentage” or Return-to-Player (RTP) rates. It is the percentage of money placed in the machine that is paid out to the player. According to How Stuff Works, the slot machines program is intricately designed to achieve a certain payback percentage. For example, a 90% payback means that the casino would take 10% of all money that the players put into the machine and pay out the remaining 90% to the players. It seems the players are winning money, but in fact, the casino wins over time. That is why players are always advised (refer point 1 above) to choose slot machines with the highest payback percentage for maximum cashback.
Now that you know about the slot machines in depth, this puts you a step closer to your desired jackpot. We hope you can play your slots better than just randomly spinning the reels but firstly, you have to pick your slots wisely. Share this “Online Slot Game Malaysia: How Slot Machines Work & Other Facts” if you think it good enough.